Hi, let me tell you a story..
Once there was a guy called Marc. He was addicted to a game, dedicated to the devil himself.
Today, we know this game as WoW, a.k.a. World of Warcraft.
His life was ruined big time by this game of pure evilness. His life was spammed with the ideas of the devil.
He was never going to escape from this dark and devilish game of hell.
He's spent over a week of complete game-time on this game. The week after the game-week, he was drowsy and talked on and on and on about the devil and his ideas. He was addicted forever...
This was the sad story of Marc van Deuren, also known as "devil's right hand"....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Bob,
ReplyDeleteIt pleases me to see that you are once more the first to publish on the blog after an assignment has been given.
First of all; please, be careful with mentioning names on a blog. The internet is a very open medium. Fortunately, I don't think you are doing any harm in this case (at least, I honestly hope so).
Am I right in assuming that a.k.a. is your personal abbreviation for "also known as"? It took me some time to figure that out.
I hope that your classmates will also give you some comment to improve your writing.
See you tomorrow.
I think you have written an original story :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe there are a few grammar mistakes, but I didn't notice them. In the last sentence, I think it's better to skip one time: 'on and on'..
Original story I could have sworn I co-authored (or something) it some time ago :P
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought aka was a common abbreviation, oh it might be american...
Haha ^^ cool story! I think a.k.a. is a normal abbreviation, I've heard it more than once ^^
ReplyDeleteAnd now just hope Marc won't find out xD
You are right: I looked it up in the Cambridge Dictionary and this is what I found:
ReplyDeleteDefinition
aka /ˌeɪ.keɪˈeɪ/ abbreviation for also known as: used when someone has another name
James Brown, aka the 'Godfather of Soul'
Still: I am not conscious of ever having seen it before today.
I have seen before. But it was mostly in comments or movies.
ReplyDeleteI think it was more thought about than any of your other stories. But you had help from Bas.
And you obviously want to spend your time on stories that you aren't assigned to write.