Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Future forms

Hello,
Here are my examples.

1) Present simple

Examples:
-The train leaves Gorzów at 9pm tonight.

-Joanna starts work next week.

-Tomorrow is Thursday.

-The flight leaves at 8 p.m.

-Class doesn't begin at 9, it begins at 10.

2) To be going to

Examples:

-We’re going to paint our bedroom tomorrow.

-Szymon has won the lottery. He says he's going to buy a house in Skwiezyna.

-He's going to study Law at Sheffield University next year.

-Look at those clouds! It's going to rain any minute.

-Jack is going to meet Kim tomorrow afternoon.

3) Present continuous

Examples:

-Mietek is taking his CAE exam next year.

-They can’t play tennis with you tomorrow. They're working.

-We're going to the cinema on Friday.

-I am seeing my dentist on Wednesday.

-Polly is coming for dinner tomorrow.

-Are you doing anything tonight?

-We aren't going on holiday next week

4) Will/shall + infinitive

-Hold on. I'll get a pencil.

-We will see what we can do to help you.

-Maybe we'll stay in and watch television.

-Tomorrow will be hot and sunny.

-People will go to Mars in the next decade.

7 comments:

  1. Got it from a Russian site? :P
    Nice names ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot those places on earth I've never heard of, very good btw....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kidding, I think the sentences are very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sentences, very Russian :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Tomorrow is Thursday." is a bit wierd :P
    And isn't I am seeing my dentist on Wednesday a "to be going to"?

    Other than that I didn't find any mistakes, but where on earth did you find those places?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea..
    I just found them on a site.
    I think tomorrow is Thursday can be used.

    With the dentist I think it can be both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think very good sentences. Some sentences are almost the same as the examples we had in class, but I think it's very good :)

    ReplyDelete