Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Future forms

1. Present Simple
The doors open in 10 minutes.
The premier arrives on Tuesday.
Classes end next week.
The publisher distributes the galley proofs next Wednesday.
The lunar eclipses begins in exactly 43 minutes.

2. To be going to
He is going to spend his vacation in Hawaii.
We are going to meet at 6 PM.
I'm going to be an actor when I grow up.
Michelle is going to begin medical school next year.
They are going to drive all the way to Alaska.

3. Present Continuous
I'm flying to Beijing tomorrow.
I’m singing for 12 000 people next Thursday.
I’m going to France next month.
I’m riding my new car next year, when I turn 18.
I’m playing against my best friend next Friday.

4. Will/shall
He will play football.
The sun will shine tomorrow.
Peter will be 15 next Tuesday.
I think Sue will arrive in Paris at 6 pm.
Hang on! I'll have a word with you.

5 comments:

  1. Present continuous is like, uhm, repeatable?
    I'm
    I'm
    I'm
    I'm
    I'm

    But the rest of the sentences look good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeah I agree with Bob on that. Haven't really found any other mistakes though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang on! I'll have a word with you.
    -I wouldn't put a future there.. I would say I want to have a word with you or something.. But you really express that you are talking about 'now; when you're saying 'hang on'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made them up myself and I'm a bit lazy, you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At Present continuous you use a lot of 'I am' to start the sentence. Other than that it is good.

    ReplyDelete