Tuesday, 9 February 2010

My Future Forms

Present Simple
  • The holiday begins in 5 days.
  • Arpita leaves for the U.S. in August
  • India goes to poll next week
  • Here comes the train!
  • The sun sets in the West at 6 o'clock

Present Continuous
  • Jim's coming tomorrow.
  • He's showing us something awesome next week.
  • I am going to market in the evening.
  • We are going to the cinema tonight
  • When are you coming home?

Shall/ will
  • I'll think of it tomorrow.
  • Beck says that at his rally tomorrow, he will announce his "multi-level plan" for the 9-12 Project.
  • The sun will shine tomorrow
  • Hang on! I'll have a word with you.
  • I think Sue will arrive in Paris at 6 pm.

To be going to
  • Look at this car! It is going to crash into the yellow one.
  • We are going to sing at the party.
  • They are going to fly to South Africa.
  • He is going to fall if he doesn't watch himself
  • We are all going to hell for this.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, made a mistake, again:

    Very good Bas, I like your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great sentences!
    Can't find any mistakes(but maybe I'm just blind).

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Snuglethur:
    That's what I think Arthur...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last sentence isn't a 'to be going to' form, it's a present continuous. I think the correct sentence is ' We are all going to go to hell for this', though that sounds rather weird xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's that supposed to mean??
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good comment Evy, I agree with you ;)

    ReplyDelete