Monday, 23 May 2011

How a craze can change the world

How many gone out of control crazes do we know?? We see that our world is changing every day. Do we have to wait for an accident to happen and then finally see that this is no way to live our life? How long can this go on?
For the people who still don’t know what I’m exactly talking about, I’ll refer to the most common known crazes of this moment. First of all we all know the boy named Justin Bieber. He has conquered the world and as you watch his fans, you can’t help but think where this world is going. They physically hurt each other to only touch his hand or just the small tip of his finger, they show up to his performances three days in advance to just see a glimpse of his face. You see them crying on the floor when they didn’t get to touch him. Where is this going? Is this really healthy for these girls aged 10 to 20? Is this healthy for moms over the age of 40?
A second craze known all over the world is a series of books, the first one is named Twilight. It is about a girl, Bella, who falls irrevocably and uncontrollably in love with a 17-year old boy named, Edward. As it turns out he is a vampire, who lives on animal blood, but is still a vampire. They have made the books into films and are now making the film about the fourth book. This craze has gone so far out of hand that the fans ask the actor, playing the vampire, to bite them. They have been standing in a queue for over 48 hours and the only thing they ask the actor is to please bite them. I don’t think that these girls are mentally capable of handling these crazes. It is definitely a real phenomenon.
Did this happen before? How can we stop this? I don’t think we can stop it anymore but I can’t wait to see what happens next.

5 comments:

  1. This is Miriams essay, she forgot her password!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good essay, but Justin Bieber???

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I read the comments first. It said J**tin B.
    Now I don't want to read the essay anymore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an example that everyone knew and it just made sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, those overcrazed fans always annoy the @%&#
    out of me too.

    ReplyDelete