Do you think it is easier for a man or a woman to be single?
A lot of men and women are single nowadays. However, lots of them who are single don’t want to be. So that raises the question, is it easier for men or women to be single?
In theory, it should be equally simple for men and women to be single but it proves not to be this way. For example, when a man kisses with lots of women when he’s single, everybody thinks he’s cool. When a woman kisses with lots of men when she’s single, everybody thinks she’s a slut.
This resolves in the fact that it’s much harder for women to find out which ‘type’ they like. In contrary, when men try to find this out, they are being encouraged by friends and other men while women are more likely to be discouraged by everyone.
It’s also much simpler for men to be single when they are going out. Women have to dress up nicely if they want to make a good impression on someone whereas men just don’t give a damn. This is because women are always judged by the way they look which makes it even more difficult for women to be single, because they constantly have to look nice. And most of the time, men don’t even notice!
So I think it’s fair to say that it’s easier for a man than for a woman to be single. Okay, maybe I see things differently because I’m a girl and some boys might disagree but everybody has to agree on the fact that women DO need to make more effort than men to impress someone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I know everything I just said is rubbish but that's with every essay I've read so far sooo...
ReplyDeleteFeminism comes to mind. Something in Dutch like "Het enige recht van een vrouw is het aanrecht"??
ReplyDeleteI do find it easy to be single... ah, ever mind.
ReplyDeleteI do think you have a point there, Kim.
ReplyDeleteBut I don't think that will change easily.
I don't think either but I had to release my frustrations ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's kinda hypocritical saying it's harder to for a woman to "try" different people because menwhores (sorry teach) only behave as they do because women let them. They are cool, girls like him and the fact that they stay cool is only because women keep liking them even though they have been with more people than they can keep track of. In the same way women are to blame for the bad reputation of other girls since they like to gossip about each other when men hardly ever do this. Besides when a guy tries to only do something if he really likes somebody everyone thinks he's a loser and gay. But this is only constructive criticism because I think you're awesome
ReplyDeleteThanks for your constructive criticism, I think you're awesome too ;)
ReplyDelete