Death and dying.
Is death really something to fear?
Death, it’s a part of nature and also a part of the natural flow of the world. For some it’s a definitive end, for some it’s the start of a better life and some see it as a transition between one body to the next. One thing is for sure, and that is that it’s unavoidable. Even right now, while I’m only 16, almost 17 years old, I’m dying. I’m slowly getting closer to my death every day, everyone is. And yet, it does not scare me at all, unlike so many other people. I’ve learned to accept this as I was quite depressed myself. I did think about dying back then and I thought about how peacefull it would be. But it were two things that made me realize that death was just something that is part of life, no matter how hard you struggle against it or how much you fear it. One was from a comic book called ‘My life with you’. One of the main characters says, at one point: “No matter how bad or good your day is, this world will continue to exist like it always does. Even when I die, this world would still be beautiful.” The other comes from a poem by Rachel Revdon, an internet aspiring novelist and poet, in her poem ‘Giving up’. It’s about that life is hard and painful, but that if you let yourself die, you’ll give up. And I’m not a person to give up, so that’s how it works for me.
The death of a loved one, of course, is a sad thing. But if I were to die and would leave a husband, I wouldn’t want them to mourn my death for too long. I want them to remember me as I was and remember me with joy in their hearts. As I said earlier, life goes on and you can’t stay in the past forever. I would want them to go on and enjoy life to the fullest.
Link to 'Giving up' : http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2828918/19/Collection_of_Poems
Given that death is natural, why even bother thinking (and writing) 'bout it?
ReplyDeleteJust kiddin' xD
I don't know what to say about this...
ReplyDeletePeaceful is not with too LL's though
If you don't fear death at all you don't appreciate livin' enough
ReplyDelete