Some people, especially marijuana users, argue that if alcohol is a legal than so should marijuana. I personally agree, even though I´ve never used weed. It think that both of the drugs have pretty much the same addictive effect. Alcohol is usually associated with violence and other stupid things whereas marijuana only has a mellowing effect on people I think it´s safer for society.
Like Bob Marley once said “alcohol only make you drunk mon, it don’t make you meditate”, I think the man’s got a point, alcohol’s effect mainly is making you lose your selfcontrol or respect. Marijuana offers a whole different state of mind. I mean have you ever heard of a pothead beating up his wife? I certainly haven’t I have however heard, too often, of drunk molesting his wife.
Another big advante over alchol is that marijuana is far less toxic, the amount of alcohol which has a lethal effect is just 10 times more than the average use. The lethal dose of marijuana is a thousandfold of the regular use. In 2001 there were 331 cases of death due to alcohol abuse in the US and no case of a marijuana OD. Also the long term effects of marijuana are far smaller than those of alcohol.
Also alcohol is found to be used in cases of date-rapes to subdue the victim, marijuana has not seen use a date-rape drug. There are also far more people coming to emergency rooms thanks to misuse of alcohol than due to the use of marijuana. So seeing all this I think we can safely assume that if alcohol is availlable freely then so should marijuana.
Awesome Bob Marley incorporation
ReplyDeletegood job.
ReplyDeleteSo...let's get some joints and enter a 'different state of mind'!
ReplyDelete