Hello,
I think the BBC awards are great for training your writing or speaking skills, but I don't want to send any of my attempts to the BBC for real. I think if you (TheTeach) check it, and maybe talk it through or read eachother's story's out loud in front of the class and let the others comment them, is enough. I would hate te be picked out of the croud and speak out loud in front of a lot of people. Is this just me?
Bob XD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I second your opinion. I don't want to send something for any competition, because it won't be so good and then I feel like it's a waste of my time to be honest.
ReplyDeleteOne comment it's crowd and not croud :P
Aren't you a little negative about your own possible performance? Why do you think that it won't be so good? I feel that you can do a lot if you put your mind and energy to it.
ReplyDeleteHowever, it must be YOUR choice to do so, because I definitely don't want to flog a dead horse.
I also don't think that I want to send something for any competion. Maybe it will do good to me but I don't like it that much and I think that my writing isn't good enough for this.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Bob. I think it's better that we just do it in the class, could be same exercise but I prefer a shorter easier one. I'm not sure but wasn't the BBC-exercise very long and complicated?
ReplyDeleteI also think Bob is right. This is the first year we spend a lot of our time on English and I don't think it's a very good idea to take part of the BBC-exercise. It will be too difficult for me and I think I won't like it.
ReplyDeleteMe to. I don't think anyone wants to risk losing his/her face in a comptetition, so let's just do it in class.
ReplyDeleteI think it's really good for your writing. Maybe we can practise more with the speaking parts. But I think to do the whole thing it will take up too much time. So I agree with you guys on that matter.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a good exercise, but I wouldn't like to send it to BBC. I agree with David, we should shorten it a bit. I like writing and speaking english, but sometimes it's just too much.
ReplyDeleteOkay, you are all very unanimous. Let's try to do something with it in class. Perhaps it is something you should remember for next year or the year after that. I think you really underestimate yourselves; I am not afraid that you would make a fool of yourselves. If I was, I wouldn't let you do this. I do think it could be a great experience, but it still can become one next year!
ReplyDeleteSee you all on Thursday and thanks for all your reactions.