If I were to study or venture abroad, I think I'd go to the USA. I would visit e.g. New York, hire a room and get a job there, while learning the language and possibly studying. If I were not really studying in that city, I would spare money and when having a free day, I'd go sightseeing with it, or, after a couple of months, travel to any (nearby) place worth visiting. I'm planning to do something like this, either after passing my school exam or after finishing university college, but things start to point out to the second choise, as I haven't yet begun sparing money. My biggest problem would probably be getting used to the American culture and the sheer size of it's cities (I've always lived in small villages).
Well, there you have it.
See ya
Arthur
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you are exaggerating a bit by saying for example 'venture', it sounds like something you wouldn't really come up with while speaking to someone, just like something you looked up in the dictionary. I like using such words, but you can exaggerate and then it sounds not like you are good in a language, but like you are just trying to make everyone think you are good in it.
ReplyDeleteFurthermore, I think your first sentences are a bit odd, because you say 'If I were to study or venture abroad, ... and possibly studying.' First you name the things you would do when studying there, and then you finish the sentence with 'possibly studying', a bit contradicting.
I think it's also a bit weird to say that you will go sightseeing with your money. I know what you mean by that, but I think you should leave that out.
Also, why do you say 'university college'? I don't know if you can say that.. It's the same thing really.
And is it right to say 'things start to point out to'? I don't think I would say point out, I think the 'out' is wrong.
Sorry I am such a nagging person.
Bye!
I got one comment: you spare someones live not money, you save money :P
ReplyDeleteOr was it someone's life that needed sparing?
ReplyDeleteBy the way, have a look at google: "Resultaten 1 - 10 van circa 236.000.000 voor save a life (0,32 seconden)" Makes you doubt about the correctness of saying "to save a life", doesn't it?
Jeah you can save someone's live (that's when you rescue someone from getting killed) and spare their lives (it's like showing mercy and not killing them when you could have)...
ReplyDeleteAnd when you google spare money it's about having extra money not like Arthur intended
I am so sorry - I feel very humble and stand corrected: you are so right, Bas. I did not have a good look and had already forgotten what triggered the remark about "spare". It had nothing to do with lives. Your comments are spot on.
ReplyDeleteAnd talking about money: since I have no money to spare, it is time that I start saving up some cash.