Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Restaurant opening

Hello Sara,

Congratulations on starting your own new restaurant! I’m very happy for you because I know you have always wanted this.

I would very much like you coming to my country and I will do whatever I can to help you get some ideas. The best time to come would be May 23rd, or the week after that. You can stay at my place for a week if you’d like so you can also find out what we cook at home. We also have a very good restaurant here in the neighbourhood, so I will definitely take you there. It’s called ‘t Heertje and they serve delicious traditional food. As for the opening of your restaurant, I am very sorry to tell you I can’t make it. I am going to do a work placement in June and July in America. I’m sorry; I would have loved to be there at the opening.

See you soon,

Cyril

3 comments:

  1. Well done, Cyril. I am sorry that I didn't see your entry any sooner. I like your use of so many different constructions. I have my doubts about the construction with would like + verb-ing. Personally I would have used to + infinitive there.
    Still: a nice range of structures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good, Cyril. It is a really good email, you can see you're really good at writing. Personally, I think you could have given more information about the date Sara could come but I know you have just limited words to spend so over all, I think you did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did an awesome job with the writing assignment.

    Maybe you should have used some more paragrahps, but that's it, I guess

    ReplyDelete